Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Names...

Words have meaning and names have power.
(Author Unknown)

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
(William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet)


No roses today, but I did get my garden book all updated yesterday and now know the name of the unnamed clematis yesterday. It was "Clair de lune". Above is the "Tango" lily and I've had these yellow lilies since I started gardening in 1999. I had forgotten they too have a name, "Sunray" asiatic lilies.
Today, I was on a roadtrip and visited "Jerome". Didn't realize he had a name on his tag last Mother's day, I guess I was too shocked at his price :-) I came home with some more names - a second "Clair de lune", "Gypsy Queen", "Earnest Markham" and "Ville De Lyon".

I can't wait to introduce them to "The President".

4 comments:

jalynn01 said...

After hearing about your 'journal' it is no wonder how perfect your gardens turn out! You have a perfect plan, and utilize it well. Yea Marsha!Can't wait to see your new flowers planted!!!

Wanda said...

So lovely ~~~ And I love all the names...and the poetry..All so good today.

Jayne said...

Beautiful Marsha!

The Birdlady said...

Gorgeous! I've not seen the Tango before - it's beautiful! The clematis yesterday were so wonderful too.