Wednesday, July 09, 2008

early morning light...

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

I enjoy walking through the gardens with my cup of coffee each morning. This morning I was struck by the way the early shafts of sunlight highlighted this rose & calla lily so I went back inside for the camera.
Most of the self seeded annuals are starting to bloom and color is beginning to pop out all over.
July, truly is a time of the biggest changes in the gardens.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Boy it's hot (96 here today), but the flowers do love it!

jalynn01 said...

The blooms are beautiful, especially the calla lily, the light was perfect! And the splash of color in the annual garden is lovely too! Nice to see each morning with coffee in hand and camera in other... Great post.

BJ said...

Wow! Those are some really pretty shots. I think that calla lilies are so gorgeous! I haven't seen a colored one before.

Can you imagine our world with flowers in it? I can be feeling a little down and see flowers and their beauty does something to me. I tell you.....some medicine they are for the soul!

Thanks for sharing! Your pics are the best!

troutbirder said...

Wow... that calla is just plain awesome and I like the others too!